Rapid trace elemental analysis of high purity solid samples
Thermo Scientific: Rapid trace elemental analysis of high purity solid samples
Learn about how the Thermo Scientific™ Element GD Plus™ GD-MS redefines the analysis of advanced high purity materials in solid state. We will demonstrate why the high through-put, extra low ppb level detection limits and the newly released CNO option of the Element GD Plus GD-MS makes it the most convenient and powerful tool for bulk metal analysis and depth profiling in routine and research applications.
- Benefits of the Element GD Plus GD-MS for bulk metal analysis
- CNO option for low detection limits of carbon, nitrogen and oxygen
- Example applications, including:
- ultratrace impurity analysis in high purity copper for electronics manufacturing
- elemental depth profiling of silicon wafers and battery components
- elemental analysis of nickel super alloys for aerospace engineering
Who should attend:
- Scientists interested in trace elemental analysis
- Clean laboratories analyzing high purity samples
- Customers interested in elemental depth profiling in solid samples
Presenter: Dr. Hauke Vollstaedt (Product Manager (Element GD Plus GD-MS), Thermo Fisher Scientific)
Hauke joined Thermo Fisher Scientific in 2017. He is a geologist by training, completed his Ph.D. at the GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel researching on marine isotope geochemistry and went to the University of Bern to work in the field of cosmochemistry as a post-doc. Within Thermo Fisher Scientific Hauke works as a Product Manager within the Inorganic Mass Spectrometry group.
Presenter: Dr. Torsten Lindemann, Product Specialist (Element GD Plus GD-MS), Thermo Fisher Scientific)
Torsten in an analytical chemist and joined Thermo Fisher Scientific in 2002. He received his Ph.D. at GKSS Research Centre in Geesthacht in cooperation with the University of Hamburg, researching in the field of speciation analysis. He was a post-doc at Trent University, Canada, funded by the German Research Foundation, to identify new selenium species. Within Thermo Fisher Scientific he started as an Application Specialist for the Element 2 ICP-MS, and is now a Product Specialist for the Element GD Plus.
Presenter: Dr. Jenny Roberts (Senior Product Marketing Specialist, Thermo Fisher Scientific)
Jenny is an earth scientist by training with a background in isotope geochemistry. She completed her Ph.D. at the University of Cambridge and went on to do a post-doc at the Alfred-Wegener Institute. She joined Thermo Fisher Scientific in 2018 where she has performed a number of different roles, most recently as Product Marketing for the Inorganic Mass Spectrometry group.